• To offer professional support to all, regardless of faith, gender, ethnic origin, or life choices.
• To facilitate discovery of a route through emotional, social and spiritual difficulties.
• To support resolution of issues and find a way forward.
Counselling provides you with the opportunity to explore whatever is going on for you, in a confidential, safe environment. This is a time in which your deepest concerns are heard with values of care, support and respect.
As your counsellor, I listen without preconceptions or judgement, to whatever you bring and offer space for self-reflection, resolving issues and self-development. I will not give you advice or tell you what to do but I will be with you to help you on your personal journey as you explore and make your own decisions.
I use an integrative model, meaning that I combine a range of different approaches in order to support you in a way which works best for you. This includes
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Rational Emotional Behavioural, Existential, Gestalt, Humanistic, Integrative Psychodynamic, Systemic.
After initial contact by phone or email we can arrange a session to give you the opportunity to meet me and ask questions and raise concerns you may have about counselling.
My experience over the last 18 years has been with a variety of clients (men, women, adults and teens), with a variety of presenting Issues.
This may include:
- Abuse – emotional, physical and sexual – current or historical.
- Anxiety, panic attacks and stress.
- Depression and suicidal thoughts.
- Relationships – social, family, work.
- Hurt – rejection, betrayal, loss.
- Pregnancy loss – miscarriage, termination.
- Post-termination difficulties.
- Eating disorders.
- Obsessions, OCD, Phobias.
- Post-traumatic stress.
- Personal development.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME.
- Health related issues.
- Cultural issues.
- Identity issues.
- Self esteem.
A first appointment will allow you to discuss your situation and explore how counselling can support you. Once counselling has started you will be given the opportunity to review your progress and make any adjustments deemed necessary.